So, as many of you know, I am a consultant with DoTerra, a company that makes pure essential oils. I think there are a few other companies out there such a YoungLife, for example, that are also carriers of 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils, but DoTerra is what I sell because I absolutely love them.
Over time I gradually incorporated the usage of essential oils into my family’s every day life, and now I can’t believe I ever went without them! For more information about how exactly essential oils work and the science behind them, please check out the Beauty Products section above ^.
Today I am going to share with you exactly how I find them useful in my daily adventures, as this can be very helpful especially for anyone just starting out.
Let me first say that we have successfully cut out all forms of western medicine, and I haven’t given either of my children tylenol or anything of that nature in over 8 months. I can rest at ease knowing that for anything my children need, I have an effective remedy for it.
More than anything however, I owe the new found peace in our house at night in large part to essential oils. Our eldest son struggles with autism as many of you know, and we use a wide variety of essential oils to help with his sensory integration processes.
* Pre Workout stimulant
– two drops of Wild Orange in hands, rub together & breathe – so invigorating!
* Monthly Cycle
– Solace, a blend specially for women during this time of the month, contains clary sage, lavender, bergamot, roman chamomile, cedar wood, ylang ylang, geranium, fennel, carrot seed, palmarosa Guatemala and vitex. Rub across belly and back of neck.
– Wisper, a blend for women, contains bergamot, sandalwood, cinnamon, vetiver, ylang ylang, with absolutes of rose, jasmine, cistus, cocoa and vanilla. Rub across belly, back of neck, or breathe.
– Serenity, A calming and relaxing blend, contains lavender, sweet marjoram, roman chamomile, ylang ylang, sandalwood, and vanilla bean. Diffuse in air, rub on bottoms of feet, or put a few drops in a warm bath.
– Past Tense, an amazing blend of wintergreen, lavender, peppermint, frankincese, cilantro, marjoram, roman chamomile, basil and rosemary. This blend is extremely effective in eliminating headaches and creating a calming effect when under stress ( I’ve got everyone in my family addicted to this personal favorite ). Rub on forehead and back of neck.
– Lavender, the go to oil for so many things ( when in doubt use lavender because of it’s versatility ) is a nighttime ritual for very person in my house. It helps not only the kids go to sleep well, but is my best friend at bed time too. Helps calm your mind and body. Rub on bottoms of feet, diffuse, and smell.
– Serenity, see above mention.
– Peppermint, can be helpful as a digestive aid, headache reliever, and fever reducer. Dilute with coconut oil and rub down spine, bottoms of feet, forehead and stomach, depending on your symptoms. Safe for young children, use with greater dilution. My husband finds this oil to be very effective in relieving the pains associated with stress, such as headaches, after a long work day.
– Elevation, my very favorite joyful blend, is perfect for those times when you need to feel revitalized. When I’m feeling blue I do some deep breathing with elevation, as well as diffuse it with wild orange. This routine never fails to lift my spirits and take a weight off my shoulder.
– Slim and Sassy, a proprietary formula containing grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, ginger and cinnamon, is fabulous for managing hunger, calming your stomach, lifting your mood, and giving your metabolism a boost. I add 8 drops to 16 oz of water on days where I need a physical or mental pick-me-up. It defiantly helped me after my holiday junk food experience.
My Kids Many Needs
* Sensory integration needs
– InTune, a blend I am never without, contains amyris, patchouli, frankincense, lime, ylang ylang, hawaiian sandalwood and roman chamomile. This carefully selected blend of oils has been very helpful in clear thought process and sensory integration for my son, and has helped us in the mist of some very tense stand offs.
– Lavender, see above mention. Is also handy for simply calming down a hyped up child; very handy while traveling.
– Balance, one of my other favorite blends actually, contains spruce, rosewood, frankincense, and blue tansy in a base of fractionated coconut oil. When my eldest is feeling emotional or simply out of balance, I have him breath balance through his nose and out his mouth. This has been extremely helpful for him at night, when he tends to feel very sad/emotional. It is also good to be diffused or rubbed on the bottom of feet.
– Elevation, see above mention.
– Serenity, see above mention.
– Zendocrine, a detoxification blend of clove, grapefruit, rosemary and geranium, is great for detoxing my eldest. I rub about one drop on his feet, diluted with coconut oil, about once a week.
* Medicine cabinet
– Peppermint, see above mention. Aids in fever reduction and tummy aches.
– Eucalyptus, has calming and clearing properties that are excellent for anyone with congestion or cold symptoms. I put a few drops in my hand and have the kids breathe to help get things broken up.
– Breathe, a respiratory blend of laurel leaf, peppermint, eucalyptus radiata, ravensara, melaluca alternifolia and lemon, is also excellent in aiding with congestion and clearing sinuses. Rub on chest and neck to help open up passage ways, and diffuse and rub on bottoms of the feet for a restful nights sleep.
– Melaleuca, oregano and eucalyptus, when combined these three oils make for a powerful remedy for a stubborn bug. A useful tip I picked up from one of my mentors is to combine the three, and mix with coconut oil and massage into the feet every hour. I have seen the most horrid of illnesses resolve themselves within a matter of 12 hours or less while doing this for my kids and myself.
– Ginger, a calming oil that effectively soothes an upset tummy. I dilute with coconut oil and rub a couple drops on my little ones bellies.
Keeping Clean Air/Sanitization
– OnGaurd, a powerful protective blend consisting of wild orange, clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus radiata and rosemary, is extremely effective in protecting against harmful germs and bacteria. My favorite ways to use are to dilute accordingly in a bottle of purified water and fractionated coconut oil. This serves as hand sanitizer that is effective without the harmful side effects of store bought sanitizer. I also diffuse at least once per day during cold and flu season. Once I started taking these precautions no one in my family got sick anymore, no matter who we came into contact with.
– Purify, a cleansing blend of lemon, lime, pine, citronella, melaleuca alternifolia and cilantro, is excellent for diffusing to pull toxins and harmful particles from the air.
Ok, so that is where I must leave you for today, I hope that you found this somewhat helpful. There are a lot of other oils I use, but these are the staples I use all the time that I have found to be my favorites and the most helpful in every day life.
To learn more about the essential oils I sell, check out my website at http://www.doterra.myvoffice.com/ashleylgregoire/